DATA PROTECTION REGULATION PRIVACY STATEMENT
We take the protection of your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information (Personal Data) extremely seriously. This privacy statement sets out how we meet our obligations regarding data protection and the rights of our customers, prospective customers, and former customers (Data Subjects) in respect of their Personal Data as defined under relevant data protection legislation including the Data Protection Acts of 1998 and 2018 (the DPA), the General Data Protection Regulation effective from 25 May 2018 (the GDPR) and any subsequent data protection legislation.
GDPR definition of Personal Data is; any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (Data Subject); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as an individual’s: name, contact details (including address and e-mail address, telephone number), date of birth, gender, marital status, financial details, details of occupants of your property, employment details and benefit coverage or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
HOW DO WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
- Directly from you either on the telephone, through our website, via email or other written correspondence.
- From a third-party individual authorised by you to make a booking on your behalf.
WHEN IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED?
We will collect your data:
- When you or an authorised third party as described above makes a booking by means of either online on our website, phone or by e-mail.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE OBTAIN?
We will only gather Personal Data that is necessary for us to provide our services to you. This data includes personal data. Below is a list of examples of the data we may gather:
- Your name, address, contact details such as email address and telephone numbers.
- Any other information which you have provided in respect of your booking with us.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA HANDLED?
The security and protection of your information is extremely important. We have appropriate safeguards in place, in accordance with our data protection obligations, for the protection of any Personal Data which we process. Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice, ensuring that we effectively manage the risks associated to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
Furthermore, we ensure that our employees are aware and remain up-to-date of our data protection obligations; and all members of staff undertake training.
- We do not hold more information about you than what is required for the purposes for which it is being processed.
- We endeavour to ensure that any information about you is accurate and kept up to date.
- We do not keep your information for longer than is necessary or as required by law.
- We process your information in accordance with your rights under the relevant Data Protection Laws.
We will only share your Personal Data with authorised third parties such as the Driver who is designated to fulfil the journey booked or the person/s you have authorised to make the booking.
We also record our telephone calls for training, service and compliance monitoring.
THE LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The lawful basis’ under which we may process your personal data are as follows:
- Consent: when you give us your clear consent that we can process your data.
- Contract: it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are, or will be, a party.